Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This had better not be a trend

When I was pregnant with hilltot, two rather unusual things happened when I was 36 weeks along. They are in no way related to the pregnancy, but I always associate them because of the timing. 1. We signed the papers to refinance our mortgage, and 2. the airbag fault warning went off in my car. I remember signing the papers because I was big and uncomfortable and they made us wait in the lobby for a long time. I remember the airbag fault because we had to bring my car in and we were able to get a last-minute loaner car because I was so pregnant -- I needed to have a car at my disposal. I requested a VW Golf as my loaner because I've always wanted a Golf, and I was so excited to be able to drive one around for the weekend.

Five days after signing the new mortgage and the day after getting the loaner Golf, I went into labor. Needless to say, I never got to enjoy driving the Golf around.

Anyway, here we are at 25 weeks pregnant. And guess what we did today? Signed the papers to refinance our mortgage. Guess what else happened? The airbag fault warning went off in my car. I haven't taken my car in yet, and I'm kind of nervous to do it because I'm afraid I'll get a Golf loaner that I never get to enjoy. Maybe I should request a Jetta or something just to break the pattern? Because this is WAY too early to be going in to labor.

Although it would be kind of funny if my sure-fire signs of labor include signing mortgage papers and having an airbag fault in my car. I'm pretty sure those aren't two of the standard signs listed in the pregnancy books.

No comments: