Saturday, May 30, 2009

Keep the cupcakes coming...

I don't have gestational diabetes this time!!! It seems the Metformin is working -- I'm SO relieved! This means that I get to eat as much pasta from the North End, fried noodles from the Eatery, cannoli (the real ones, not the tourist ones) from Mike's Pastries, and ice cream from Tosci's as I want when we head to Boston next week! I can't wait!

Looking a bit longer term, it also means that I won't have to start that dreaded GD diet, check my blood sugar levels 4x a day, or give myself insulin shots 3x a day. I don't have to worry about babyhill being ginormous due to an overload of glucose or having health problems because of it. I'm so happy!

Oh yeah, I'm still anemic, so now I have to double the amount of iron I take every day. No biggie.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Yay for you! I'm so glad! wOohoo! Definitely calls for a cupcake celebration!