Friday, May 29, 2009

Belly Pic: 29 weeks

I've almost made it to my 30s (weeks, that is...I'm quite well-versed in my 30s as far as my age goes)! It's kind of overwhelming when I think that I only made it through 6 weeks of my 30s last time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll make it to at least 38 weeks this time (c'mon babyhill, work with me here). My goal is to make it to Kristy and Tiffany's birthday (August 1st) -- that will put us at 38 weeks and it will be right after my mom and Manfred arrive in Seattle for three weeks. The timing would be perfect. However, if babyhill is anything like hilltot, he/she has a mind and schedule of his/her own.

As I mentioned last week, I took the dreaded 1hr GTT to test for gestational diabetes. I haven't heard back from Dr. H yet, so I'm taking the stance that no news is good news! Last time, I'd already gotten the results from my 3hr GTT and was scheduled for treatment at the Joslin Diabetes Center within a week of taking the 1hr. I could call Dr. H to find out for sure, but I'm happy with my ignorance for now.

I have my next ultrasound on Monday morning, which is when they will check my cervical length to make sure I'm safe to fly to Boston on Thursday night. They will also be checking the baby's growth and trying to figure out why I'm measuring so big. Chris has a theory (based on nothing scientific or medical) with which I agree: We know the baby was breech at 22 weeks. It just happened to be in the middle of turning around at my last appointment, thus stretching things out and making my belly bigger. Now it's settled nicely into an ANTERIOR position (not posterior, like hilltot) and getting comfy for another 2+ months of hanging out before a smooth and simple VBAC delivery in early August.

Wouldn't that be nice?


Note: That freakishly large hand in the 2007 picture is Chris', not mine. Don't worry Kristy, abnormal and uneven hand growth isn't a side-effect of pregnancy (at least, not that I know of).

No comments: