Friday, May 15, 2009

Belly pic: 27 weeks

Here I am at 27 weeks! Only one more week until I reach the third trimester, which is also the official point of viability. I think I've also started having Braxton Hicks contractions in the past couple days, usually brought on when I've exerted myself too much (walking too far or too quickly, carrying hilltot around, etc.). So far they've been pretty minimal so I'm not too concerned, but I will mention them to Dr. H at my next appointment. At least this time I know what they are! (When I was pregnant with hilltot, I had 10 contractions in less than 30 minutes while I was being monitored during a non-stress test/NST and I had no idea until Dr. H pointed them out to me.)

My impressive weight gain has slowed considerably, even before being diagnosed with GD. I've actually lost all the weight I was so proud of gaining last week! But I know it will go up again -- I seem to have pretty drastic swings from week to week, but as long as my overall gain is healthy, Dr. H is happy. She only sees me every couple weeks, so it looks much steadier to her than it does to me with my daily weigh-ins and Excel tables and graphs.

At our last ultrasound, babyhill was breech. I think that he/she has turned around, although I'm not sure. For a while, it felt like the baby was lying tranverse (i.e. I got a lot wider), and now my belly feels rounder again. I'll be getting another ultrasound in a few weeks, so we'll know for sure then.

No comments: