Friday, April 3, 2009

Belly Pic: 21 weeks

21 weeks down, 19 to go! Or less, which is highly probable. I'm still just chugging along. Apparently, babyhill is about 10.5 inches long now and weighs nearly a pound! That's hard for me to fathom, because I feel like my belly hasn't grown since about 14 weeks, and I picture babyhill to be the size of a kumquat or something like that. It's amazing how much less focused I am on this pregnancy than my first. I know it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't have the time to sit and stare at my belly (hilltot has other ideas on how to spend the day). Even though I'm a lot more tired, I'm also glad not to be so obsessed. Of course I still worry, and I still get a thrill when I feel babyhill wiggling around in there, but in general I just get through my day and try to rest when I can.

I have my next OB appointment on Monday, and hopefully I'll find out then whether or not I can fly back to Boston for my MIT reunion in June. I'm hoping I can because I can't wait to see friends, show Chris around Beantown, and get back east to recharge my batteries! Although I enjoy living out west, I miss the east coast and don't get back there nearly often enough. And I'm not even talking about missing my family, which I do, intensely. I'm just talking about soaking up some good ol' east coast vibes while enjoying the people and places. It's good for my soul.

Next Friday is also our next ultrasound and fetal echocardiogram. We'll get to see babyhill's heart in detail and hopefully we'll find out that everything is just fine. We'll also check the flow of the umbilical cord, see what's going on with the neural cyst (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's simply gone), and check all the tiny babyhill parts and pieces to see if we can find anything of concern. I keep hoping that the doctor will say, "Oh look, everything's just fine. The SUA corrected itself, the cyst is gone, and you have absolutely nothing to worry about." I know that's impossible (at least about the SUA correcting itself) but a lady can still dream.

No comments: