Friday, March 27, 2009

Belly pic: 20 weeks

I've reached the halfway point! The only comparison pic I could find was one of me sticking my belly out, so I look a lot more "popped" and higher in the 2007 version, but that's only because I was arching my back. I also thought I'd include a picture of the little guy who was inside the 2007 belly, and is now beating me in sheer belly mass. I have a bit to go before I'll catch up to him, but I'm getting there.

Now I'm getting really exhausted in the afternoons and evenings, but I think that's because I may be coming down with something. Last night I was at Target (for my big night out - whoo hoo!) and three different people asked me if I needed to take a seat. One woman even made me sit down and brought me some water, saying that I looked like I was about to faint. And yeah, I did feel pretty awful. I'm not sure if it's low blood sugar (I'm still in that cycle where I feel too nauseous to eat, but not eating makes me feel nauseous) or something else, but today I woke up with a horrible headache and sore throat as well. So perhaps hilltot and I are just passing a cold back and forth.

Last week I also switched out my belly button ring for my pregnancy ring. Yes, I have my belly button pierced. It's the result of losing a bet with a group of 14 year olds when I was 22 (never bet against teenagers). I don't even remember what the bet was, but I've had the piercing for 14 years and it's become a part of me. I had to take the ring out when I broke my back (belly button rings and full torso braces don't mix well) and once I was out of the brace, I felt so strange that I had to put the ring back in. And now I've taken out my metal ring, which was straining against the melon-y massiveness that is my belly, and replaced it with a longer, flexible plastic ring. I was able to wear the pregnancy ring throughout my pregnancy last time, as well as through an emergency c-section.

Nothing else really to report. I don't have any appointments until April, so I'm just sitting on the couch eating bon bons while I wait. HA.

2 comments:

Christina said...

hi Wenmei- Congrats on hitting the halfway mark, I hope you're feeling better soon! I just saw a picture of you and hilltot in a flyer for Magnuson Park in the Gymboree column--did you happen to catch it? Very cute. Luca is also in Gymboree on Monday and Friday mornings (sometimes Thursday). What class do you guys go to? I wonder if you've ever been in the same class? (He goes with his nanny Joanne). --Christina

Stefany said...

Congrats on hitting the half way mark! I hope you start feeling better soon. Jeff just told me you had this blog, so now I can keep track of your pregnancy more closely. :)