Friday, April 10, 2009

Belly pic: 22 weeks and update

I don't have a lot to report about being 22 weeks along, other than my belly is getting bigger and I'm finally starting to gain weight. Dr. H said that my weight gain is just fine and I'm right on track for 22 weeks along. She also said that I can "probably" go to Boston for my MIT reunion in June, as long as I'm ready to change my plans last minute. Since I had pre-term contractions starting at 31 weeks last time, flying cross-country and staying up all night to party with college friends (um, I did mention this is my 15 year reunion, right??) might not be a great idea. The best we can do is assume I can go and do an ultrasound to check my cervical length the week before.

The big news today is from our ultrasound and fetal echo cardiogram this morning. I was completely stressed out about it, but it seems that things are going really well. The baby's heart is completely normal, the neural cyst is gone, and the baby is growing right on target! All parts and pieces are accounted for, including four chambers of the heart, two functioning kidneys, and a nice strong flow in the umbilical cord. Babyhill was also extremely active, doing some tap dancing and shadow boxing while the ultrasound technician busily kept up. The baby is also currently sitting breech, but that's not a concern at this point. When the tech put the ultrasound wand high on my left side and said, "Here's baby's head..." and then low on my right side and said, "...and here's baby's bottom", I was a little startled about how BIG babyhill already is.

In addition to today's belly comparison picture, I'm including two profile shots from the ultrasound. It's already obvious how beautiful babyhill is, isn't it? Although Chris is a little concerned...this one may have gotten his nose.



1 comment:

Stefany said...

That's great news - I'm glad babyhill is nice and healthy! You also look great. Keep up the good work!