Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Busy busy bee

Lately I seem to have gotten another surge of energy. I don't feel the desperate need for daytime naps anymore and I'm finally starting to think about the things we need to do before babyhill arrives (like figure out where he/she will sleep, etc.). Of course, I haven't done anything about it yet, but I'm thinking about it.

What I have been doing is finally getting around to baby-proofing critical parts of the house. I know, it's a little late for hilltot and a little early for babyhill, but I'm doing it more as a precaution for when I am in the middle of nursing babyhill and hilltot suddenly decides to empty the knife drawer. See, our current form of baby-proofing is called "staying one step ahead of hilltot". He's pretty predictable, so I know what he's going to try to get and I can either distract him or block access to his dangerous objects of choice. That won't work as well once I have to take care of babyhill while hilltot is on the move.

I'm thinking this is probably a form of the nesting frenzy that happens before the baby is born. I remember having several rounds of this before hilltot was born, with the most intense happening in the days before I went into labor. I just hope that at least one or two rounds of my current nesting will result in me actually doing something that directly affects the baby (like set up the co-sleeper, get out and wash the newborn clothes, buy diapers, etc.). But I have to admit, it's much easier to think and worry about how the baby's arrival will affect hilltot -- he's the known quantity in the equation.

No comments: