Friday, June 19, 2009

Belly pic: 32 weeks

I'm 8 months pregnant today! Which means, if babyhill decides to stick it out, I have 2 more months before we get to meet the little one! Of course if babyhill is anything like hilltot, we'll be introducing ourselves in a little over 4 weeks.

I have reached the point of pregnancy when people look at me with pity once they hear I have another 2 months to go. Yesterday, one woman said, "Really? Wow. You look like you're ready to pop right now. You poor thing." No kidding. And this morning, Chris commented (in a very loving and supportive way, of course), "Honey, you are HUGE." Still, even though I'm feeling huge and whale-like, I know that I'm not that big compared to many other pregnant women. In fact, I feel a bit inadequate when I'm around women who look like they are "really" pregnant (making me look "kinda" pregnant).

I've been trying to figure out if babyhill has turned head down by tracking the kicks and punches. Unfortunately, my ability to accurately pinpoint the origin of movement leads me to believe that I'm growing an octopus in there. I feel and see movement all over my belly -- up on top, down below, on both sides. And I can't feel anything that might be a head or a bottom. I have an appointment on Monday, so maybe Dr. H will be able to tell me.

Tomorrow I have my maternity photographs with Judith and I'm really looking forward to it! I just hope I don't have all kinds of stretch marks or stuff that I wasn't aware of (I can't really see much beyond my belly button). I love her work and I'm sure she'll make me look great, even if we do have to use strategic placement of scarves or an uncooperative toddler in order to disguise any unpleasant side effects of expanding to more than twice my size in less than 6 months.

Anyway, here's the belly:

No comments: