Friday, March 6, 2009

Belly pics: 16 & 17 weeks

Here are my belly pics from 16 and 17 weeks. I don't intend to do them every two weeks instead of every week, but that just seems to be how things are working out. And as I warned last time, the comparisons are going to be more difficult because I stopped taking consistent belly pics at this point in my last pregnancy. For example, my 16 week photo is a mirror image (I'm actually facing the other way in it) and my 17 week photo was actually taken at 16 weeks 5 days. And yes, I'm wearing the exact same outfit in those two pictures. You'll be seeing a lot of that from now on, considering that I have finally broken down and started wearing my maternity clothes. Also, I need to make the picture a bit wider because, well, I'm not going to fit in the frame for much longer.

So here we are at 17 weeks! Almost halfway there. I'm not feeling as sick or tired anymore, which is great, but now all of the physical ailments are starting to pop up. Joints tweaking, sore back, and the worst of them all: heartburn. I hate it! It happens when I lie down, so sleeping isn't quite as restful as it could be. I will probably pull out my pregnancy pillow soon so that I can wrap it around me and prop my upper body up a bit.

I had a little milestone this week: quickening! Or, in everyday language, I felt the baby move for the first time! I had a pretty intense ultrasound on Monday morning, and apparently that got the baby all riled up. I could feel him/her fluttering around in there all evening. It's such a neat feeling -- especially because it hasn't yet progressed to solid punches and kicks to my internal organs.

I have a bit more to report, but I'll put that in a different post. Time to go get my little hilltot up from his nap!

No comments: