Friday, March 20, 2009

Belly pic: 19 weeks

Today is 19 weeks! Babyhill seems to be doing just fine, although there's really no way to tell from out here! I listened to the heartbeat on the fetal doppler this morning (I allow myself to find the heartbeat once a week, just to reassure myself), and although I haven't felt much fluttering lately, I've felt exhausted and nauseous. I chalk that up to babyhill churning out lots of hormones. I also suspect I might be succumbing to gestational diabetes (I feel like I'm suffering from low blood sugar pretty much all the time, yet I feel too nauseous to eat anything).

I've gained about 9lbs so far and I'm hoping to increase that dramatically but I'm not sure how to do it. I gained 25lbs with hilltot (I'd gained about 15lbs of it by 19 weeks), and I'm hoping to gain more this time because I started off this pregnancy 10lbs lighter. So I have some catching up to do! Any suggestions on healthy, tasty, protein-rich, non-meat foods I can eat? Other than peanut butter, yogurt and cottage cheese? I'm sick of those.

Anyway, here's my belly pic from today. I don't have one from my last pregnancy to compare this week, so you get a silhouette of last week's.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

heya pfir! do you like edamame? or stir fried vegetables (e.g broccoli or spinach) with tofu? eggs and cheese can be good too but not as healthy. but if you need to gain weight, they can help you with that. so you can't eat any meat!? how about beef jerky? good luck catching up and with gaining more weight. i like these comparison pictures that you have posted!! love, spop :)

Jeff said...

Hey there! Looking good!! Have you been exposed to Dr. Barbara Luke? She wrote a well regarded book on nutrition for mothers of multiples - but it has all kinds of protein rich recipes that you might find useful (not sure if she shares on the site, but you can get the book at the library) http://www.drbarbaraluke.com/ or http://www.drbarbaraluke.com/allstar.cfm for a list of her "allstar" foods. :)

And what is PFIR and SPOP? :)

wenmei said...

Thanks for the suggestions! And Jeff, pfir and spop refer to a thing we read a looooooong time ago (we were in college, right spop?) about "What Kind of Tree Are You?" based on your birthday. I'm a Fir (+ p for Patti) and Sita is a Poplar (+ s for Sita). You're a Lime (jlime). :) http://www.paradiseawaits.com/Tree.html